The Gulf Coast's Entertainment Destination since 1967
Rosie O'Grady's 50th Birthday Celebration
Golden Jubilee Celebration Week
Rosie O’Grady’s 50th Golden Jubilee Celebration Week
Happy Birthday Rosie O’Grady’s! The Grand Dame of Downtown Pensacola Entertainment turns 50!
Friday, August 11, 2017 and continues through Monday, August 21, 2017.
Come celebrate the founding of the Gulf Coast’s Entertainment Destination, Seville Quarter. Rosie O’Grady will be turning 50 and the party is going to be incredible! After five decades of shaping Pensacola’s night life, Rosie O’Grady and Seville Quarter will host a fantastic 50th Birthday Bash, and we want YOU to come celebrate with us!
Seville Quarter began in August of 1967 as a dream of the multifaceted Bob Snow, a Naval pilot from Minnesota, entrepreneur, Dixieland bandleader, designer, and virtuoso trumpet player. Wilmer Mitchell, Snow’s long-time attorney and personal friend, accepted the reigns from Snow, and has continued to operate the complex with his wife Neddy, and their seven children. Special thanks to Bob Snow for opening this grand establishment, and to the Mitchell Family for keeping her shining over the years.
The celebration will start Friday, August 11th with a ribbon cutting by the Mitchell family proclaiming the coming week, “Rosie O’ Grady’s Week” following with:
● Saturday, August 12th - Membership Appreciation Night
● Sunday, August 13th - Jazz Brunch with Kathy Lyon and Friends
● Monday, August 14th- Blues Society rolls back the Clock
● Tuesday, August 15th - Vince Vance & the Valiants Concert
- Jazz Night with Geno & Guests
● Wednesday, August 16th- Rosie O’Grady’s 50th Birthday Recreation of the 1967 Opening Night
● Thursday, August 17th- 1967-2017 Good Time Gang Reunion
● Friday, August 18th- Seville Quarter "Gallery Night"
● Saturday, August 19th- DJ Showcase (potentially featuring Tony Allen)
● Sunday, August, 20th- Brunch with the sounds of Charlie Cetti and the 1st City Dixieland Jazz Band
● Monday, August, 21st - Pensacola Jazz Gumbo presents Dixieland
Thank you, Pensacola, for all of your loyal support over the years - we look forward to fifty more years in the City of Five Flags!!!